We are Light of the World
You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.Matthew 5:14-16
Light represents goodness of God and Christians are now the Light of the world. Satan is shutting down churches in this country, but God has given us his power to be Light for Christ. We all must remember we have the power of God in our lives, and Christ is always with us to be a Light.
What does it take to let our Light shine in this world? First, we reflect Christ to everyone and we pray for opportunities to be a Light. We must know the Word so we can encourage people and tell them about eternal life. We listen to them to find out what they believe, because they could be deceived by Satan; and we have the Word of God to combat Satan’s lies.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22 23) Our Light shines when we reveal the fruit of the Spirit to the world. We look up to all people with a caring heart, and we bring the Truth to them with encouragement. We must always be encouraging and have patient with everyone.
Our Light is to shine continuously no matter what we are doing or how we are feeling, and letting our Light shine must a priority in our life. Below are steps that can help us to achieve priority for being a Light in this world.
- Understand the importance of helping people in their physical and spiritual needs. One soul is worth more than all the riches in the world. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? (Matthew 16:26).
- Always Pray for Christ guidance to be a Light in this world, because we always need is power and love. Remember we are a Light first to our family, our Christian family, and to world. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Remember to let your Light shine as you go through the day. Make notes, pray, take Biblical handouts, and a brochure of a biblical Church. When we start shining our Light and ministering to people personally, it will increase our motivation. If you love me, keep my commands. (John 14:15).
- Attend Biblical based Church service and see others with their Light shining as they welcome people into the church. Not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:25).
- Study the Word and pray for the Lord’s guidance in being a Light. Pray that he will lead you to scriptures that the person needs to hear. Always take a Bible with you to reveal God’s divine Word. A combat when they say the Bible is written by men. Reveal the prophecies, explain the Word is alive because Christ puts thoughts in our minds as we read the Word, and explain the Holy Spirit, explain how God changes us and sets us free. It’s always better to talk another strong Christian when ministering to someone. Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14).
Today remember to let your Light shine, reflecting the fruit of the Spirit. Never get discouraged, even if someone show no desire to hear the Truth, and remember we keep being Light to our last breath.
Prayer: Lord, help me to shine your Light this day and not be pulled away by Satan’s attack on my emotions. Help me to keep my thoughts on things above, and to remember my divine purpose for existing. In Jesus name, Amen